Welcome to the blog for the National Pasquinade.
While this is still in the planning stages, there are a few things I’d like to mention for those interested in being a part of this new effort.
- Initially, the plan is to publish quarterly as an eBook. I’m still learning the ins-and-outs, so I welcome any advice from those who have published eBooks.
- This is not an attempt to make large wads of cocaine-covered cash. While National Pasquinade began in 1997, I’ve been creating ‘zines in one form or another off-and-on since the ’80s. The physical zine was always free (although I’d always requested SASEs or stamps to cut down on postage costs), so my goal is to keep this one as close to free as I can.
- I have a decent, although sometimes a bit of a warped, sense of humor and I’m hoping to find some like-minded humor writers/editors willing to help out with the regular content and, assuming copious submissions start rolling in, some light editing. Email me at email@example.com if you’re interested.
- Speaking of submissions, we will continue the long tradition of themed issues. Upcoming themes will be posted on this blog for the issue currently in production, and the next one or two after that. Submissions can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There’s no doubt I’ll be adding to this list, so stay tuned.
Finally, this is just a fun hobby, a labor of love for me. I’ve always enjoyed connecting with humorous souls and helping to get more eyeballs pointed at their labors of love. If this is the sort of thing that appeals to you, you may have just discovered an outlet here for your parodies, satires, silly poems, etc.
The National Pasquinade welcomes you.